Friday, May 1, 2009

Life with Parkinson's Post #2

Today was pretty typical. I have gone from extreme fatigue and frustration to feeling good and getting things done. There are moments in every day when I think, "I cannot do this another day." Then my 'transformation ' happens and the negative thought is gone. I am off to conquer another dream. I call it 'my hands coming back to me'. They come and go all day. It depends on how much sleep I've had, what my food intake has been, how stressed I am. Right now, my hands are with me. I've managed a trip to the library with my daughter, a trip to the bank, two loads of laundry and blogging. It is Friday, TGIF! My husband is home for the weekend; he is my lifeline. Tonight we will enjoy a television show or movie and just being home. I feel like sewing.....this is a good thing. I am a sew-a-holic. If I don't feel like sewing I am not doing well. I love to design and make my own clothes. Once in a while, I sew for $ but it's not as fun. Does any of this sound like 'Parkinson's'? Every 4 hours I am reminded that I still have P. when my hands start to fade and I head for the medicine spot on my kitchen counter. If I'm lucky, I'll remember to take them before my hands fade. Some days I take less medicine. Pizza is done. I'm hungry. This is also a good sign. I have a few more hours today to enjoy moving.

No comments: