Friday, December 3, 2010

A Journey of One Day #4 A few notes

Friday,  December 2

I wake up moving slow, I get slower within two hours, It’s hard to fix my own breakfast but I do it. Feeding myself is very slow. I choke easily so I keep the foods soft or chew very well.  I tell myself again and again this is temporary.
My main focus needs to be eating well, keeping warm, no anxiety causing situations, sleep, meditation and therapy (Bowen and Jin shin Jitsyui).

In three weeks I have reduced one drug by 75% and the other one by 50%.
My withdrawal symptoms have been mild so far. My brain is constantly working to adapt to these changes. I can see now how the available dopamine moves from the limbic area (automatic body functions), to the frontal lobe (thought processing), and to the motor area. As the dopamine enhancing drugs are reduced, my brain is awakening its own dopamine production. It takes time. No quick fix here.

My voice and word enunciation are affected by the drug withdrawal. In fact all the previous symptoms caused by the PD drugs become w/d symptoms;  insomnia, severe muscle cramping (only in my rt foot).  Other w/d symptoms are the chills and sweats, diaphragm constriction, erratic, traveling body pain, and bouts of extreme emotion.

I move better as the day progresses for small time periods. It will all improve more rapidly after I am off the drugs.

When I’m not doing all of the above, I pass the time by watching movies, listening to audio scriptures downloaded from lds.org, and documenting this experience.

I’m doing better than I expected. Keep praying for me.

My journey is not in vain.  One precious day at a time, moment by moment, slow and steady wins the race.

Sending my love-

Mom/ Tracy

No comments: