Friday, December 17, 2010

A Journey of One Day #7 Notes

December 17, 2010        Notes

I recently received a supplement called ‘Aquas’; a cell hydration formula.  I believe it was developed by John Colemen of Australia, who recovered himself from Parkinsons.  It’s a homeopathic formula which works on a cellular level in the body.  I took the maximum dosage recommended on the bottle (7 drops) three times in thirty-six hours.  I took a nose dive in function.  The formula had triggered a release of toxins from my cells that now had to be processed.  It was hard sliding backwards in function but I knew it would lift in a few days, and it did.  So now my plan is to take the formula again starting with one drop.  Homeopathics can be very powerful if used correctly.  My goal is to get the most amount of recovery with the least amount of downtime in function.  Today I saw a tiny bit of improvement in my motor function.  I have been experiencing a flare up in my old nerve pain in my right leg caused from earlier back injuries.  The new research shows that when you withdraw from these medications, the weakest part of your body is targeted with symptoms; but they are just symptoms only.  I will continue to play cat and mouse with symptoms and help for the symptoms.  When the nerve pain got too bad, I needed pain medicine.  However, too much of this pain medicine could slow down my recovery process.  Another acute symptom that is very painful is the abdominal cramping.  I constantly feel like I have a ten-pound weight on my solar plexus.  There is a drug that recovering addicts are prescribed to help with this which I took.  I decided to research this drug (as I do with all drugs).  What I found was that it is also an addictive substance that depresses the central nervous system.  It worked well for the abdominal cramping but it will slow down my recovery process.  So I called my herbal nutritionist guru friend here in Modest who has a health food store.  He recommended a great herbal formula called “Herbal Muscle Cramp Formula”.  It is also very potent and should be taken with caution.  It is much easier on the central nervous system though and has worked well for the abdominal cramping.  It is day 33 into my journey of going off of PD drugs.  It has been 7 days since I took my last PD pill.  Wow does it feel good to not live on a pill schedule.  I believe now I will see a gradual improvement in function each day.  It could take up to ten weeks; however, before I am done having withdrawal symptoms.  I still have a lady come in everyday for five hours to help me.  Hopefully I won’t need her too much longer.  Tracy and Ariana are off work and out of school now until January 3.  They take very good care of me.  I actually went on three driving excursions with my helper to do some Christmas errands.  I could drive ok, I just couldn’t get my seatbelt on by myself or get my money out of my wallet and I got very tired after the trips.  So on I go.

No comments: