Saturday, July 18, 2009

Life with Parkinson's Post #14 -Goodbye Kaia

Well, our visit with Kaia has come to an end for now. She will be in the air to N. Carolina at 7 am tomorrow morning. I thought I would share some more pictures to send her off with. She has grown into a beautiful young woman. She is fun loving, humorous, easy to please, patient with Ariana, a good friend and a good daughter. We'll miss you Kaia. And we miss you this year Taz.

As I contemplated the following moments, I realized that Parkinson's has not been foremost in my mind this week. I had a fairly normal week. Or maybe it is just because I'm learning not to blame every bad moment on PD or on my pain. I love being able to capture life's moments because I don't remember them very long. I am indebted to my husband for making sure I have a camera and a computer. It is my lifeline to my life- sounds weird.



To all my PD forum friends, thank you for being who you are and sharing with me. You just never know what gift life will bestow. You are God's gift to me to keep me going a little while longer. Never give up.



Now, pictures-

Ariana doing her favorite trick off the board. A 'plug the nose, feet first' plunge. This is our neighbor's pool who so kindly offered it for our use while she was away for a week. Thank you Patti!

The human, floating, pretsel !


A face only a mother can love.............


She never stops posing or laughing.


After a hot, hard day of fun, she fell asleep with Cleo.



A reminder that our handsome Cody is hanging around. I'm glad! He came over whenever I called him.


Kaia modeling the dress I made her while she was here.


My sweetheart enjoying one last moment at Seacliffe.


Kaia looks so much like Tracy. She's as tall as I am now.


Seagulls in flight just over my head as we were leaving Seacliffe.


I managed to capture the snout of this sea lion not too far out from shore. He was playing.


If you look real hard you can see a tiny dot in the middle of the horizon in this picture. It is a boat. I reminds me that even though our lives may not be perfect there is always something waiting on the horizons of tomorrow.

Our tradition picture at Seacliffe. This is the third one I've taken of Tracy and Ariana with the concrete boat in the background. I tried to put the first one on this post but the computer would not recognize it. Ariana came up to Tracy's elbow.



I took this one last year. Look how much she has grown!



Two of our four beautiful daughters. They had fun together.

We got together for a group shot and this was a test picture. Of course, Cody is making it interesting.

What a beauty! She's going to be a Jr in HS this year. She is going to be on the color guard squad for the 2nd year, performing with a rifle. She says her school has the best marching band in her state and they will go to Nationals this year!

Here is the real deal. A group picture is always great but we missed the rest of you. Have the rest of a great summer everyone.

Love and hugs!

1 comment:

Chad and Clair said...

Glad you posted all these pictures! They are all great. You have been blogging a lot lately, I like it!