Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life With Parkinson's in my 40's- #22 Dancing, Life, and the World

From Margie Gillis-

"Dance and its contribution to what is humanly possibly and what is health holds a place of honor in me.

I feel, it seems, incumbent upon us to find ways to keep alive the necessity of danc's contribution to society and to find a way to allow the public to know what is there in truth; that they themselvles, and their world of what is real and possible, is illuminated by being with us and supporting our work and research."

Dance is a universal human behavior."

Dance is the direct communication through nature of our human experience."

Dance, like nature, is a necessity and is sadly undervalued by society."


Oh Lord, don't move the mountain. Teach me how to climb.
Oh Lord, do not remove my stumbling blocks, but teach me to go around.

1 comment:

Bob Dawson said...

Tracy,
I am happy you exist! And Margie Gillis - well I guess you can tell - I have a tendency to swoon when she dances; "to swoon" in the sense of being overwhelmed by Beauty and joy. I have just posted chapter 22, but I have to warn everybody that Chapters 1 to 20 were written thinking about heaven; chapters 21 and 22 are a glimpse of Dante's Inferno; don't read them if it upsets you. But listen to Anuket sing at the end of 21 - it was so important that she sing.
I am not sure I have your e-mail address; please send. I am not good at computers and I get mixed up.
And I want as many people as possible to read some of what I wrote, and it is not my internet vanity wanting hits; it's that I really think we are on to something. The brain, music, dance. That's how we defeated sabre tooth tigers! And we can defeat Parkinson's; if not for us, at least for the next generation, and that would be a really cool gift to leave behind.
Dance on !
The creation of the universe was a pretty cool thing; very well done, very beautiful, very amazing. I do not regret having been born and having lived! It's been good.