Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life With Parkinson's in my 40's- #20 Destination..... Dreams




I came across this song today and it brought back some positive memories. When I have such vivid and sudden remembrances I take it as a prompting to share.

The music alone stirs me. The lyrics are food for much thought. So here are my thoughts-

We are each on our own journey. We have been equipped with tools to help us along the way. We each travel on or in our own vehicle of sorts. The roads are many and diverse. Our destinations? Who can tell; only our own heart. Our true heart.

This song speaks of the 'Southern Cross'. Wikepedia describes the 'Southern Cross' as 'a distinctive winter constellation of the southern sky shaped like a cross. It appears in the flags of several countries in Oceania. A few of the countries included within Oceania are Fiji, Tonga, Samoa- just a few.

The song speaks of a journey aboard a ship on a calm, cooperating ocean. Memories, ego, and pride seem to get in the way of this journey's most desirable outcome. The way is before them, they see the way, yet they cannot seem to grasp it.

My favorite part of the song is-

When you see the Southern Cross for the first time
You understand now why you came this way
'Cause the truth you might be runnin from is so small
But it's as big as the promise - The promise of a comin' day.

So I'm sailing for tomorrow- My dreams are a dyin'.
And my love is an anchor tied to you - Tied with a silver chain.

I have my ship and all her flags are a flyin'
She is all that I have left- And music is her name.

Think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me larger voices callin'.
What Heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten


For me 'The promise of a comin' day' is a huge stimulus to go on.
I'm sailin for tomorrow but my dreams are growin.
My love is an anchor, yes, so many good people to love.
My ship is so many things- music, dance, family, friends, God!!
I have fallen many times but somehow I'm still moving.
I listen to the spirit and God's voice.
What Heaven has brought you and me I will certainly never forget.

What has Heaven brought us? This is for your own reflection!

Pleasant Sailing!

1 comment:

Bob Dawson said...

Aha! Music on this page: i saw great photos of you dancing on other pages. Did no one tell you what a top neurologist told me: people with Parkinson's are NOT able to dance. They cannot follow a rythym. I have had lots of fun with this:
http://parkinsonsdance.blogspot.com/