Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life With Parkinson's in my 40's- #31 I've Learned to Baby Myself

I'm expecting my beloved 'baby' any day now. This blessed presence will come to me weighing in at over 70 lbs. The stork disguised as a UPS driver will bring her to me. Hopefully, he will handle her with care. I'm a worry wart, you know; worry, worry, worry. When she arrives all my dreams will come true. My anxieties will be at rest, my worries will diminish, my body will get back to it's 'normal' state. Expecting 'babies' is a lot of work. But when they arrive, the world is a better place. Rest, relaxation, comfort..............................

What am I talking about you say?
My baby is made of wood, some metal, and a strong nylon/cotton fiber. She can stand all by herself from the very minute she arrives, independence at it's best. She takes care of me. Who could have known this could be possible? She beckons me to let her show me how to relax. When I listen, the words housework and laundry are only fleeting memories of bygone days. As I spend more time with her, my eyes just want to close and my tired limbs melt into her like cotton candy in a bowl of warm water.

Oh, where was I? Yes. I am getting a bit impatient.

I've gone online to track her arrival time. It's amazing how in our time of great technologies, we can track such an event in cyberspace. She left her first home at 9:53 pm yesterday- Greenbay, Wisconsin. She made her first stop in OakCreek Wisconsin at 12:48 this morning and spent about 4 hours there. She resumed her journey to me at 4:33 am. I can feel her next to me all ready!!!! Two hours later she arrived in Hodgkins, Illinois. I don't think I like that name! Worry, worry. Her status is 'In Transit. On Time'. Her ETA - 5 days! 5 days? I can't wait that long? That's an eternity!

My body needs, I mean I need her today, now. Well.....at least I can think about her as she gets closer and closer. What will she really look like? Will she safely reach me? Only the higher powers (UPS) know for sure. Worry, worry....

She left Illinois at 10:11 am yesterday and I haven't heard a word in almost 24 hours about where my beloved baby is. Worry, worry.... I guess I'll just have to have faith in the stork. He'll get her through. He takes his job seriously. After all the best service there is- UPS (Unique Personal Service) is my stork. My trust in him takes my worry down at least one notch.

Another day of waiting has passed. The waiting of the final hours is the hardest; expectations, hopes.

My trusty cyberspace tracker tells me she arrived in San Pablo, CA last night at 7:45 which is just north of Richmond and Berkeley. The stork missed my house!! The "P" service is a bit lacking. I hope the big earthquake doesn't hit before the stork figures out where my baby belongs. I mention the 'big earthquake' probably because I'm a worrier and my baby could be in the San Franisco Bay after the 'big one'!
I'd never get to see her............ I think I may have digressed a bit. Sorry.

I see now that she is safe. She left the coast of California for the final leg of her journey at 12:30 am this morning- inland to good old Modesto. It won't be long now. I guess all the 'earthquake' talk was just a tad overkill on the worry. You can never be too careful, though.

It is Day 4. Maybe she will arrive a day early. Anything is possible!! I'm only hoping she will be happy here.
"Take care of my baby Mr Stork (UPS) man." Remember what the "P" stands for.......personal, protect, punctual!!

I'll be at my front window watching and listening for the rumble of that big brown bird come to a halt in front of my house; waiting to hear the footsteps up the walkway. Footsteps that only a stork can make. They have a hint of 'schedule' in them and 'pride' in a delivery made!!

Well, she has not arrived early. Shucks. I see she arrived in Ceres this morning at 3:30 am and was put on a special stork for delivery 'TODAY' !! I've been trying to keep myself occupied so I don't go mad with expectant worry. Any time now....!!!

Well, today was the day. ETA was correct- 5 days.  And now that I've waited 'paitently' I can finally show you my baby!!

Here she is.....



We shall be spending much time together.  That is after the stormy weather passes.  Wouldn't you know the entire 5 days I waited patiently, the skies were sunny, warm, balmy- perfect 'baby' weather.  And now that she is here it is cold, windy, and raining.  Well, I guess my baby is here for good and will keep until the sun comes out.  More waiting but, of course, I am a patient person .........and    uh uhm.....I have finally learned how to baby myself with that patience.  It might have something to do with back surgery and Parkinsons but then again, it is always good for ones health to relax, rest, and recreate no matter what your health status even if it is in your own backyard!  All of a sudden I like my own backyard a whole lot more!!  Wish me luck!!

No comments: