Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life With Parkinson's in my 40's- #27 Life Goes On

This post is in honor of my grandaughter, Brielle Tandy, who is turning 1 today! Being a grandmother still seems very odd when I say it. But when I see Brielle and what a beautiful, sweet spirit she has I am so happy and comfortable with the title of grandma. Having PD at a younger age has definately impacted all aspects of my life. And being a grandma now I think about how my grandchildren will perceive me. I don't want them to remember me for PD but for who I am. Therefore, it is necessary for me to dwell on the things I can do for my grandaughter and not the things that I cannot do. On my last visit I crawled up the stairs with her, played on the couch with pillows with her (her favorite thing), and sat on the floor with her. She is so precious, just like her mom and dad. They are wonderfully patient parents. So for her birthday I am making her a red velvet dress for winter and I recorded this video for her mom to show her. These are things I can definately do for her without too much difficulty. Life goes on in spite of my age or illness. And it is a good life; especially with a grandaughter as beautiful as mine. Happy Birthday Brielle. Grandma loves you

1 comment:

Chase and Nichole said...

Thank you so much mom! Brielle just went to bed, but I will play this for her first thing in the morning. She will LOVE it! You look beautiful by the way. People tell me more and more that I look like you and I am glad. I love you